Samstag, 14. April 2007

Asomate a Valladolid


A kind of "Neuchatoi" campaign, but just here, in sunny Spain. Yes, sunny because somebody very special to me sent some my way. So here it goes, the story of my morning/siesta in pictures. I got lost in some shops, so didn't walk through the whole city. 

Wondering what's out there.... 

 

Placa Mayor (like I told you, I think there are just two lost villages in Spain that don't own a Placa Mayor or Placa d'Espana). The one in Valladolid is lovely, red and pretty.


 

The Academy of Cavalery seen through a beautiful fountain

 

After that my little walk in the park with my ice cream (ok, there was this icecream space very strategically placed at the park entry and ..i just felt like 5 y o again). The park is the biggest in Valladolid, obviously named Campo Grande


 

Could it be...le Jet de Geneve? Non, c'est le Jet de Valladolid :D

 

 

The Cathedral in Valladolid is half build. The architect left the works in the middle and went a bit south, to build the Escorial. And besides that, one tower was damaged by that famous earthquake that hit Spain and Portugal so bad. But still, Jesus is holding on up there (I don t know why when I see this I always think of Brasil)

 


 

And the funky statues. One of these days I ll post a pic with the one that freaked me out the most, but here are two of its brothers. One can find them anywhere in the city, in the most awkward places. It s like they had a statue sale, get 10 and the next 10 are for free




 

And in the end, a piece of Pisuerga river (yes, funny name I know, reminds me zee Bahlui of my home town. Just as big, just as dirty). But they have a beach and a lovely running area close to it

 

 

 

 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen