Dienstag, 10. April 2007

24 h

    Ok, now that I got the attention of the male audience AND i got indexed by google :D - it s actually about my first 24 h in Valladolid (lovely city by that matter, pictures will come in due time).

    The student s residence I live in it s pretty peculiar. Like, I spent my Erasmus in France in a 9sqm room , with a common kitchen, common showers, walls made of...something very thin :D and spiders on fungi beds in the corners of my room.

Here it's like some middle class hotel thingie , with one of those door-windows i like so much, on a busy down town street. The problem is that people treat you like in a hotel : they clean your room (!!!!! how hideous, I feel like I am 16 again and I am hiding my diaries and cigarettes from my parents. I don t care that the cleaning lady has probably seen a lot, I hate when they clean it) and they expect you to leave the key. So so much for inviting my friends over.

    This is however majorly compensated by the lab - it s basically a pleasure to go there. People are singing (not whistling frustrately) and like making jokes and creating a nice atmosphere. Like in one of those model families (it s not so hard, cause a couple of the members of the lab are related through sacred vows :D. The PhD students are like their kids I guess. Workaholic kids though :D). Maybe the  fact that we use bacterias as slaves to produce wonderful things leads to this feeling of wellbeing. I could adapt to this.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen